1) It may sound odd to say it, but I sense spring in the air. The birds have a different quality to their chirping and the sun has a mellower cast in the mornings. I can feel that winter is on its way out.
2) Snow. While this may contradict the previous statement, I love seeing my neighborhood blanketed in snow and I am thrilled we've had so much this winter. If it has to be winter, at least it's a pretty one.
3) Morning. My college-aged self would be appalled, but I like getting up at 7:30 every day now. The light has a hopeful, bashful tinge to it that it doesn't at any other time of day. It feels like a secret, stolen interlude with my husband every time we walk together down quiet, just-waking streets.
4) Jane Eyre. I have to finish the book today to present on it tomorrow. What a chore, right?
5) We're taking my father-in-law and his wife out to dinner for their birthdays tonight. We're going to this place (one of the best restaurants in Brooklyn, if not the city as a whole).
6) Yellow Tulips. I bought them on Friday, and my kitchen looks bright and cheerful.
7) My husband. He's making us breakfast burritos as I type.
*CD 1. Looks like I'm taking my Orals before I have a baby, after all. Which is also a good thing.
I'm back, and it's hopefully not a once-off!!
4 weeks ago