Thank you! to Type A for the Happy 101 Blog Award- my first one! I have to list 10 things that make me happy and 10 bloggers I want to award. This is a great exercise for a crappy day when things just seem all wrong. I have to remind myself that even in the midst of my deepest sadness, my life is beautiful and grand.
2. My puppy, Bella-belle. We call her the anxiety sponge. I love when she curls up against my hip when we're taking a midday nap in bed.
3. Getting an unexpected treat in the mail. My good friend Z just sent us a doggy lifevest for Bella to wear at the beach this summer!
4. Yoga. Seriously, I walk out of class feeling so refreshed and centered. It is beyond what I needed.
5. Lunch dates with friends. Enough of them are in grad school and have flexible schedules like me that I have at least one a week. They're so much more relaxed than dinner, but feel slightly naughty, too, especially when there's wine involved.
6. Jane Austen and Lord Byron. I love reading their work, talking about them in seminars, and writing about and researching them.
7. Red Velvet cake. How did I live without it until I was 25? Even better, the patisserie near my house makes Red Velvet Whoopie Pie. Awesome.
8. Having all three of my sisters live within easy traveling distance. This hasn't happened in years and it's so wonderful to see them every few weeks.
9. NY Times Saturday and Sunday crosswords. We do them in pen. In under an hour. We're hardcore.
10. Getting comments on my blog. They always give me a lift.
I give this award to:
Such a Good Egg
The Impatient Optimist
In Our Own Weird Way
Evolutionary Dead End?
Mrs. Lemon Cake
Three Is a Magic Number
Little Bluebirds Fly
Thanks for helping keep me happy :)
I'm back, and it's hopefully not a once-off!!
4 months ago