I'm a grump.
Lawyer Guy has to prepare for a hearing all weekend. I've got ridiculously awful student papers to grade. My MIL is bummed that we're skipping the Mother's Day gathering at SIL and BIL's. I still haven't had a Peak reading. I had to cancel my therapy appointment to go to a lecture I'm really not interested in. Worst of all, one of my (and your) bloggy friends received the heartbreaking news today of a second miscarriage. Things seem bad, bad, bad right now.
I may not be in a place to see the positive in this situation or in your situations (sorry mom, can't do it), but I can see the positive in other things. So damn it, I'm gonna smile:
- LG and I are going to see His Girl Friday at Film Forum on Saturday after he finishes work.
- Bella the Havanese makes the most ridiculous sounds when she sleeps. She's snorting and wheezing right now and I love it.
- We are thisclose to getting the last piece of our income tax puzzle from my dad and filing and getting that amazing refund.
-The office that performed my d&c last November has claimed I will not owe any more than the $500 deductible and the check my insurer wrote us (fingers crossed this is borne out).
- I get to shop for dresses for my 30th birthday party, and I'm getting something sparkly.
- The weekend of my 30th birthday is the Cherry Blossom Festival at Brooklyn Botanical Gardens and The Philadelphia Story at Film Forum.
- All three of my little sisters will be living in NYC this summer.
- Lawyer Guy has been a sexual machine this month (hey, the least I can do is give the guy props when he deserves them after airing his dirty underwear like that).
I'm back, and it's hopefully not a once-off!!
2 months ago