A blog about babies: the babies I lost, the babies I never had, the baby who made me a Mama.

Friday, July 22, 2011

Homecoming; or, My Rock

Just a quick update to say that Lawyer Guy did in fact make it home for today's scan. My anxiety is already so much better just having him here (until Sunday morning!) to stroke my back or help me negotiate the subways in this wicked heat.

Smudgie looks grand--he/she was having a sleepy day and not moving much and stayed pretty chill during the ultrasound. But the growth is good, and as soon as LG and I saw that beautiful heart pumping away we let out a sigh of relief. Amazing how fixated we are on that little muscle. Smudgie is a hair shy of 3 lbs. Incredible--I am carrying a 3 lb. baby around in my abdomen all day long. No wonder I'm feeling so tired.

We put together another bookcase. LG helped bring up some packages that had arrived that were too heavy for me to carry up two flights of stairs. We're making some glorious no-cook meals tonight with our CSA produce. I'm really happy.

7 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad he got to come home for the big show and that Smudgie is doing well. Your baseball comment on my blog today cracked me up, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray!!!! Glad it was a much better day and that LG made it home for the weekend. And yes, when I wonder about being so crazy tired, I look down and think "duh, the butterball is taking everything!" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad he made it home, and that Smudgie looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am melting at the simple statement, "I'm really happy."

    God, how you (and we all) deserve simple domestic happiness and joy in an expected child.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I read this on Friday night I was so, so happy! You sound so blissful now...makes me smile :). I hope you continue to enjoy every minute of this pregnancy. You deserve it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sloper, I read your post on the weekend but am only commenting now. I'm so glad you had some time with LG, and the idea of you making something together from your CSA box left me with a big smile on my face.

    (I hear you on the tired).

    ReplyDelete
  7. 3 pounds!! awesome :) 3T was so tiring for me too - you're getting so close!

    ReplyDelete