I'm not making New Years resolutions. What's the point? I can't "resolve" to get pregnant. I can't "resolve" to carry a healthy baby to term. So much of what I hope and long for is outside of my control. I get that. I'm even starting to be (just a little) okay with that.
So these aren't resolutions. There are wishes.
1. I wish that I will get pregnant in 2010.
2. I wish that my body will nurture and protect a healthy baby.
3. I wish that I will accept the timing of this pregnancy--however long it may take to get there--with grace and humor.
4. I wish that I will remember my life--the every day of school and teaching, of loving my husband and talking to my friends--is just as important as the dreams I have for my future.
5. I wish that I will accept my body for what it can do and what it can't do; that I will love it even when it takes 30 days to ovulate or switches up my luteal period, or gives me BFN after BFN, because its the only body I have, it's a gift from God, and it didn't fail me (or I it).
6. I wish for 28-day cycles with ovulation on day 14. Like clockwork.
Since I'm wishing for things, and all.
Edited to add: Merry New Years Wishes to all!
Reinvention of a blog
6 months ago